Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Birthday LOTV!

So, I love LOTV stamps and bought this stamp and a few others when they were having their sale around the holidays. When I heard they were having their 9th b-day and were encouraging us all to make a birthday card in their honor with a chance at winning some stamps on their inspiration blog, I had to join in! This stamp is so perfect for the challenge, I thought.

 I have had Distress Ink pads since I began card making last July and have always loved the look of coloring with them. Well, I finally plucked up the courage to try it and this is actually my second attempt! I will show you all my first when it posts Sunday after next!  I drew my own cupcake and colored it and put it in the silver frame for a charm. The flowers are lovely Wild Orchid Craft and the sentiment stamp is Whimsy Stamps.
The paper pad is Love Me from MME. It was after Valentine's that I bought it in anticipation of next year, but the banner paper screamed birthday for this card!

I hope you all like it and my newbie DI coloring. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them. I need more shading and I don't know if DI pads are okay to use or if reinkers or markers are better? I have lots of DI pads that I rarely use and just want to use them more often.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:
LOTV (Birthday card)
Papertake Weekly (Sketchy #66)

4 comments:

  1. I think your colouring with DI looks fab! It's a gorgeous card!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job of coloring with the DI! I have never done that, and probably won't start, as I find it enough of a challenge to color with Copics, lol!
    Love this card, Danielle! It is just darling! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful coloring on this sweet card Danielle! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwww sooo cute :) love it

    ReplyDelete