Monday, January 14, 2013

Color Challenge at PTT

Party Time Tuesdays is having a color challenge this week:

And, here is my take on the challenge:



I had a heck of a time settling on design paper! I didn't seem to have any paper I felt appropriate for the image and that were in the right colors, but I found an "old" 12x12 pad of DCWV Tradewinds for the blue paper and MME Breeze for the yellow. The sentiment came with the adorable Wryn digi stamp. I added some stitching to all the corners, burlap and some Wild Orchid Craft flowers to finish it off! The sketch I used is Sandy's sketch for The Sketchy Challenge. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but I really like how it turned out! Goes to show you can't knock it till you try it!



Here's my girl close up! Copics B32, 34, 37 and Y11, 15 and E11; hair-E51, 53, 57, 59; skin-E000, 00, 11 and R20 were used. I distressed the paper and inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink!
See what the DT members have created here and join the fun!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks (Anything Goes)




5 comments:

  1. I think your dp is perfect for this image. Your coloring is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Danielle. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the touch of burlap

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh its absolutely fabulous, love the papers and that sketch is fab!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the tiddly inks challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh, this is beautiful! I really love the card Danielle - so cute! Thanks for joining us this challenge at Tiddly Inks. :D
    //Tabbatha (Tiddly Inks DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color challenge, and how the sentiment is on the tag.. looks fabulous! So happy you joined us at Tiddly Inks!!
    Hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete