Sunday, December 23, 2012

Emboss Me!



It's Sunday and that means a new challenge at Stamptacular Sunday!
This week's challenge is a…
“EMBOSS Me!”

For this week's challenge you will create a card or project that uses some sort of embossing...your choice, can be heat embossing or dry embossing.  Oh…and don’t forget to STAMP!  After all…we don’t call this the STAMPtacular Sunday Challenge for nothing!      
You will have from now until midnight  (EST) , December 29, 2012 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prize donated by:
PRIZE:  $10 Gift Certificate!

For my card this week, I have used the adorable 'Spring Bling' by Tiddly Inks. I have turned her into a Christmas Bling image as my last Christmas card for the year. Phew! I am Christmas card-ed out!
So, for my card I used MME Traveler paper pad and embossed the background paper with a Swiss Dots embossing folder. 
I handmade my poinsettia and holly. I scored the veins, added bling to the center and around the card which I then colored with my Copics. 


I added glossy accents to the berries for some added dimension and then stamped around the image with a postmark stamp that went well with the stamp sentiment. I tried my hand at some folds in the dress based on the videos of from Zoe of Zoe's Craft Blog! I admire her skills so much! I am happy with some of it and not so happy with other bits, so I'll keep trying. 
I thought this was a fun little card to send to my nieces and nephew in Utah to enjoy along with their gifts.
I hope you all enjoy it too and please stop by the Stamptacular blog to see how the other DT members have outdone themselves with our embossing challenge!
Happy Holidays to all!



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Color Me Creative (Metallic Gleam)
Simon Says Stamp (Merry Christmas)
Marker Pop (Deep dark coloring)
Bunny Zoe Crafts (Celebration)



7 comments:

  1. fab card Danielle, love your coloring!
    hugs
    céline
    have a great christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is a fantastic card! Love your design! Love the sweet image, and your coloring is fabulous! Love that wonderful embellishments, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous Christmas card and love that sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us this week and Merry Christmas from everyone at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! Super cute card. Love the image and yur coloring/layout! So adorable and festive!
    thank you for joining us at MakerPOP!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer! Super cute card. Love the image and yur coloring/layout! So adorable and festive!
    thank you for joining us at MakerPOP!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. I just love the poinsettias that you made, and your coloring is beautiful. Cute, cute card. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours and papers. Especially love the handmade poinsettias! Gorgeous rich effect with the deep red. The berry's look fabulous on the image. Love it! Hugs, Wends xxxx

    ReplyDelete